Hudson Valley Inn : Dining and Micro Brew

      I was very excited to play around with this project.  I went with a design that I felt was sleek and classy.  Something that will catch the eye of those from the city yet is fitting for the Hudson Valley.  I definitely wanted to try to go for an upscale look, and I don't think I did too bad, I like it.  It took a while for me to figure out, but after creating several shapes and grouping them together, I managed to get the shape that I wanted.  From there, I worked with colors for the logo and tried to make it appear glowing/shiny.  The backgrounds I used on the logos are dark.  I wanted my logos to pop.  Here is the main logo that I created for the Hudson Valley Inn.  I wanted it clean, but to resemble a leaf.



For the restaurant, I wanted to come up with a name that caught your attention.  If you are visiting the Hudson Valley for a great view of the area, Vantage seems like a great name for a restaurant overlooking the river and the valley of beautiful trees.  I found a cursive font from dafont.com, altered it slightly, and added vector leaves I found on pixabay.com, which I also altered.  I did the V separate from the rest of the word and found a way to put the images together and create a beautiful flow.  I really like how this turned out, almost just what I have drawn up.  With this image, I merged them so I could create a perfect gradient and then added the word dining, with a similar gradient later on.  (Even though I exported to web, I had to make the image half the size)



Now for the microbrewery.  I covered the trees, now I want to cover the river.  Hamate means hooked.  I figured this worked in two ways.  Fishing hook, and hooked on our brews.  I downloaded a type that I altered tremendously.  I then merged everything again, so that I could create a nice gradient resembling the water.  I had a hard time with the words Micro Brewery because I had attempted several times to create a path for my text to go along, resembling a river, up and down wavies, but after several attempts, it just wasn't what I wanted.  I decided to add a hook in the same gradient but a different angle.  So here is the final product for the microbrewery.



The bar and restaurant are located on different sides of the hotel, they are not together, both have food menus.  Here is the business card for the manager I came up with for the restaurant.  It is simple, but I like the straight forward design, no-frills, and confusion.


I hope you enjoy what I came up with!

Comments

Popular Posts