Art can be seen in everything, I have felt this way my whole life.  I feel that creating art can be done in many different forms, and can evoke many different emotions.  What you get with my art is feeling.   Rather than presenting a factual reality, an illusion is fabricated to conjure the realms of your imagination.  My works establish a link between the reality of the universe and that imagined by its conceiver.  When I create the energy of a place and its emotional and spiritual vibrations are always important.  My surroundings influence my work.  I love using color and creating colors.  When I go into creating my art, I already know what I want to do, I have already imagined it, whether it be while walking through a museum, or having a beer at the bar.
Most of my works appear as dreamlike images in which fiction and reality meet, well-known analogies merge, meanings shift, past and present fuse.  Time and memory always play a key role.  By referencing romanticism, humor, and symbolism, I try to increase the dynamic between you and me, by objectifying emotions and investigating the duality that develops through different interpretations.
           I see my work as an attempt to express color in all its beauty.  I also explore the range of possibilities allowed through my choice of materials.  I don't seek to give a critique or comment on a past style or movement.  I believe that artspeak gibberish is art's worse enemy.  The object is always there, and it should be discussed directly.  Rather than carefully stepping around the object and thinking about what it might be, I focus on what it is.  For inspiration, I look at sources all around me.  I express my emotions for you to interpret in your own emotion.
Demon in Me, Mixed Media
Heat, Photography and Photoshop

Comments

Popular Posts